Friday, March 22, 2013

Broccoli - A SUPERFOOD!

I've really been loving my broccoli this week!  Bought from my local organic store - I just can't seem to get enough.  I've been lightly steaming it & adding it to my salads for lunch, with a pinch of sea salt over the top.  I've also enjoyed it as a quick dinner with some fresh kale roasted in the oven with coconut oil, or as a 'dipper' into some homemade basil and macadamia nut pesto.

Broccoli deserves some limelight.  It is such an amazing vegetable...it is considered a superfood!  Here is a list of some of the many benefits of broccoli:

  • from the mustard family which creates sulfur in the body helping to cleanse the tissues 
  • this sulfur content also improves our complexion
  • boosts the immune system
  • cancer prevention tool
  • supports lung health
  • supports eye health
  • squashes colon cancer
  • strengthens bones
  • balances blood pressure
  • is an alkaline vegetable
  • contains an huge amount of antioxidants...therefore improving the health of our cells
Who wouldn't want some?!
I dare you to be creative with this amazing superfood this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment